Wednesday, January 8, 2014

1 week into the new year...how am I doing? And my "plan" mwah ha ha

I'm happy to report that the switch (at Midnight on New Year's) has stayed flipped!  I'm doing awesome...weekend and all.  I'm so all-or-nothing that it is sooo much easier for me now that the junk is not an option any longer.

I'll start with stats & food.

1/1 - 162.2 lbs. Holy shit. I'm up a solid 10 lbs since a month ago. 

Since it was a rest day (recovery in many ways), I was very low on calories.

kCals - 1216
Protein - 174 g (41%)
Carbs - 76g (25%)
Fat - 47g (34%)

1/2 - 158.0 lbs  19.99% bodyfat.  Holy shit again.  Up 2.22% bf in < 2 wks. I'm not sure how water retention affects bf%, but I guess we'll see next check-in.  From this point, I have about 10% to lose in a little over 14 weeks. Game on.

Lift @ home today (Legs + abs/butt + 20 min cardio)

kCals - 1331
Protein - 185g (49%)
Carbs - 91g (24%)
Fat - 45g (27%)


1/3 - 155.8 lbs. Better.  24-Day Challenge starts tomorrow!

Rest day today.

kCals - 1395
Protein - 211g (48%)
Carbs - 89g (20%)
Fat - 63g (32%)


1/4 - 155.2 lbs. 
Challenge Day #1!  Fiber drink is disgusting. Something that tastes that bad has GOT to work!  I know I'm selling this stuff, but I'm just sayin...

Lift @ home - Shoulders/Triceps + Abs/Butt

kCals - 1807
Protein - 219g (48%)
Carbs - 142g (31%)
Fat - 44g (21%)

1/5 - 154.8 lbs

Just practiced BodyCombat at home today, learning new choreography.

kCals - 1391
Protein - 146g (38%)
Carbs - 134g (35%)
Fat - 47g (27%)

1/6 - 152.8 lbs

Lift @ home - chest, back, biceps + practice BodyCombat at home (was probably at 85-90% effort, good and sweaty).

kCals - 1364
Protein - 234g (51%)
Carbs - 129g (28%)
Fat - 42g (21%)

1/7 - 152.4 lbs  Day #4. (No more fiber drink til Day 8!)

Lift @ home - Quads & Hams + Abs

kCals - 1187
Protein - 192g (52%)
Carbs - 108g (29%)
Fat - 31g (19%)

(Yes, if you're paying attention, you'll see that's 10 lbs lost in a week!!!)


So after typing that out, I'm really surprised to see that almost every day for the past week I've been at or under 1400 calories per day, except the one day I hit 1800, which was my goal anyways.  I guess I just didn't realize how low I've been...consistently!  More surprised, because I haven't been hungry at all (Those of you who know me know I used to always be hungry and can eat like a man)! 

I knew the MNS Max E (daily vitamin strip) was working as far as energy and appetite control, but I stopped that when I started the challenge (Max phase of challenge is days 11-24).  The fiber drink and pills really do work!  Plus I'm getting 35-40 g of fiber each day, so I'm sure that helps. 

I was worried about lowering my carbs, but energy-wise I feel great. Even at work during my third shift, I haven't been tired.  I replaced coffee w/Spark (I did actually have a cup last night, but that was more due to the negative 12-degree temps and sitting in front of an ER entrance door). 

Ok, my plan (food, supplements, workouts)!

I'm pretty much eating the same foods, but not exactly the same diet day-after-day. You can see my full food log at myfitnesspal.com (user name lesliehylton81), but here are my main foods.

Breakfasts:
- Oatmeal (plain) w/berries + 1/8 c walnuts + 3 egg whites
- Omelete (1 egg + 1/4 c whites) w/1 T salsa, 1/4 c black beans, <1 T plain greek yogurt

Lunch/Dinners: 
- Broccoli slaw+3oz chicken breast+half avocado+peanuts+Trader Joe's Spicy Peanut Asian Vinaigrette Dressing (YUM!)
- Spinach Salad w/3-4 oz chicken breast, 1/2 bell pepper, 1/4 c feta, 2 T Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3-4oz chicken breast (or other lean protein, steak or fish) and some kind of steamed veggie (I like the Birds Eye steamer bags...quick and easy. They all taste good!)
- Stir Fry (beef or chicken)

Snacks:
- *Fave* 1/2 c cottage cheese + 75g pineapple (yes, I bought a food scale and I am weighing everything meticulously!)
- Cookie dough Quest bar (omg yum...this is as close to 'sweets' as I get now)
- Edamame (again, the BirdsEye steamer bag... I eat the whole bag)
- Hard boiled eggs
- Almonds + Whey Protein (post workout meal if I don't have time for a real meal, like when I go straight to work from gym)
- Baby carrots (3oz) + 1oz garlic hummus

Supplements:
- MNS Max 3 (once cleanse phase over) - 30 min before Meal 1, with Meal 1, and 30 min before Meal 2
- Catalyst (3) + ThermoPlus 30 min before each meal
- Catalyst (3) before workouts and at bedtime
**Catalyst is one of my FAVORITES because I feel awesome during my workouts when I take it, compared to not, and it helps preserve my muscle while my calories are reduced!
- Nighttime Recovery
- Spark, or course!

Pre-Workout:
- Cardio:
            - O2 Gold - 1 hour before (awesome for oxygen uptake levels!!)
            - Arginine Extreme - 30 min before
            - Rehydrate - before/during
            - Catalyst - right before

- Lifting: 
             - Muscle Strength - 1 hour before
             - Either Muscle Fuel or BioCharge (haven't tried yet!) 30 min before
             - Catalyst - right before

Post-Workout:
- HumaPro (not Advocare) if eating a meal soon after
- or Post Workout Recovery shake
- Add carb snack if not eating soon after (within 1 hour)

Also plan to add Muscle Gain (protein blend) but have not tried yet.
Possibly the Probiotic also depending on my digestion post-challenge.

Sounds like a lot. But this is awesome stuff. And it sure does taste better at a 40% discount!!  (And I'm making extra money... Win-win-win!)

Anyways, I'm going to post my workouts in a separate post. This one is long enough, and I need to study BodyAttack for a bit. 

Some people have told me that they've had trouble with not being able to subscribe to my blog. I don't know if you have to have a google account, maybe?  But I'll continue to share the link on FB just in case.  If you don't like it, stop reading.  ;)  Toodles!

P.S.  Oh, and if you would like to join in the 24-Day challenge with me, it is on special discount pricing until January 21st!!  Or even just try some Spark!  Big thanks to Jen for setting up our new website!   www.steveandleslie.com  or original site is www.advocare.com/131137854

Questions?  Hit me up on FB or email me
 .

No comments:

Post a Comment