Monday, December 16, 2013

Check-in time: Down a pound...need to increase my calories. Wait, huh?!

That's right ... My total bodyweight decreased by 1 pound, but the problem is that I've decrease calories too much (hitting closer to 1300-1400 daily rather than my 1600 calorie goal).  And for the past two check-ins, my lean body mas (LBM) has decreased from 125.26 lbs to 123.3 lbs yesterday.  This has increased my overall bodyfat % to 17.8, which is a 0.45% increase from two weeks ago.  I need to increase my calories so that I am not losing muscle, while still keep my carb intake lower (hello protein!).  

I'm doing well at @ 100g of carbs daily, but I did have another cheat day on Friday, so I'm sure that's the biggest part of my problem.  I'm definitely looking forward to January!  I'm going to enjoy what time I have left (yes, without sweets, a part of me is dying), and enjoy my once-a-week (planned) cheats!   I am going to enjoy our Christmas at Steve's parents this weekend, so I may have a 24-hour fast in my future!

BUT, since I'm going to start checking in weekly instead of biweekly, I'll be able to keep better track of fluctuations and adjust accordingly, and I think it'll keep me from over-doing it, knowing my check-in is coming up sooner! 

I'm also going to add in 30-minutes of low-intensity-steady-state cardio 3-4x weekly with 10-minute sprint intervals , and that should definitely make a difference as well.  Also should get some extra lifting time in too!  YAY!!

Looking forward to seeing those numbers fall! 17 weeks to go!  And by the time I finish my 24-day weight loss challenge on January 24th, I'll be at the 11-week mark!!  My goal for that date is to be at 14.5%, which is about a 5-lb fat loss from where I am right now.  



Honestly, with doing the challenge on top of cracking down on my show diet, and using the Advocare products, I am planning on blowing those numbers away!!

If you would like to join me in doing the 24-day weight loss challenge, you can order yours from my website here!!! I'm also offering free body-fat analysis before and after (if you live in or drive to Indy!), and me and some of my friends are having a contest to see who can get the most people to do the challenge with us, so help me out!!! 

I don't have my notebook with me to post all of my workouts, but will do that this week sometime.  And as always, you can view my Food Log on Myfitnesspal.com (add me...user name lesliehylton81).  

Happy Monday!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment