Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lots of food + lots of workouts over Holiday & weekend ... but The Diet started today!!

I did some pretty good damage food-wise from Wednesday thru Saturday: 

2am cookie dough/cookies and wine on Wed night (well Thursday am) w/Sue

Thursday Thanksgiving dinner @ home - turkey breast, stuffing, cornbread, mashed potatoes w/ gravy & corn...and the half of a strawberry cheesecake

Friday night sushi and desserts (chocolate cake, cinnamon crunch popcorn, & no bake cookies) & drinks (mostly vodka) with friends

The big family feast at the in-laws on Saturday (aside from the regular food -ribs, cheesy potatoes, roll w/butter,  and wine... apple pie (2+ pieces), brownies, fudge, chocolate covered peanuts, "better-than-sex" cake (it was good but not THAT good!), pumpkin cake, candy corn + peanuts, buffalo dip w/chips... I'm sure there may have been more.  YES I CAN EAT A LOT!  

This is why I decided to go ahead and start my full fledged diet today, instead of waiting until Jan 1. It's December 1st...why not? What better time than now.  Imagine how much damage I could do in a month if I don't crack down...or how much progress I can make if I do! I will still (until Jan 1) allow for scheduled cheat days maybe 1x a week for pre-planned events (next Sunday I'm having an It Works party so that will be a cheat. Friday night next week will be movie night w/Kaleb so we may do pizza/popcorn.  Christmas family dinner will be a cheat day.)  But no more daily crap-eating and back to logging everything on MyFitnessPal!  (MFP user name is lesliehylton81) .

Today was good; right on target.  Total calories 1918 (that's counting all night at work tonight, so about 9am Sunday morning thru 7am Monday morning).  

Protein 175g = 35%
Carbs 213g = 43% (increased carbs because of multiple cardio workouts)
Fat 57g = 22%

Obviously I do better when I'm all-in.  So I'm cracking down now, cutting the crap, and sticking to a 1800-2000 calorie diet (I'm working on my meal plan).  Goal is to stick to 35-40% Protein, 35-45% Carbs, and 20-25% Fat (depending on my workouts each day...higher carb/lower fat on intense workout days, and lower carb/higher protein/fat on rest or lighter intensity days). 


The workouts - Wed thru Sun:

Wednesday 11/27
30 min on elliptical @ Monon Center + 20-30 min in sauna

I had no intention of lifting today, but couldn't help myself!

Quads/Hams

Leg Press - 350lb - 3x12
Single Leg Ham Curl - 30lb - 2x12, 1x10 (ea leg)
Leg Extension (double leg) - 80lb - 2x12, 1x10
Seated Ham Curl - 75lb - 3x12

I wish I had more time because I had Spark & Catalyst and felt AWESOME but had to leave :/

Thursday 11/28 - REST day! (Thanksgiving)

Friday 11/29 (no heavy lift)
8:30am @ 15 min min HIIT (practice for tomorrow session)
9:30am BodyPump
10:30am CX Worx
5:30pm BodyCombat
6:30pm CX Worx

Saturday 11/30 (no heavy lift)
8:00am 20 min HIIT
9:00am BodyPump
10:00am BodyCombat

Sunday 12/1 (no heavy lift)
10:30am BodyCombat
11:30 CXWorx
2:00pm 20 min HIIT

Even with all the crap I ate the last few days, I did fluctuate up and down weight-wise, but seemed to have settle back into the 152-153 that I was at, so hopefully with all my workouts that last three days, maybe I at least broke even! BodyFat % tomorrow so we will find out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment